Book of the Dead was Unity’s impressive 2018 tech demo; an interactive, first person experience that combined both film and game production techniques.
The goal of this demo was to demonstrate the capabilities of this years updated engine, and what better way to do that than with highly detailed assets from Quixel’s Megascans library.
The Unity demo team, best known for 2016’s “Adam” and 2015’s “The Blacksmith”, worked relentlessly over this project and no stone was left unturned.
With amazing concept art, beautiful assets and a thrilling story to tell, the final product really speaks for itself.
Now, with Unite Berlin 2018 taking place, the folks at Unity have very kindly announced that they have released the full environment from the Book of the Dead trailer.
This project file comes at around 2.4GB and contains a huge variety of content:
– Photogrammetry environment art assets.
– The scene’s original HD Render setup.
– Volume based system controlling atmospheric scattering, sunlight and wind properties.
– Custom vertex shader for procedurally animated wind used on the foliage.
– Project-specific customizations to lighting, shadows and occlusion.
– Occlusion Probes for baking efficient sky occlusion on foliage.
– A grass occlusion system which created additional occlusion for the smaller foliage assets.
– A fully functional audio landscape, complete with sound effects.
You can Download the full pack here.
This awesome announcement comes alongside the news of a new tech partnership with Google, Mixed and Augmented Reality Studio (MARS), Facial AR Remote Component and Kinematica, an upcoming artificial intelligence animation system.
Keep up to date with the latest from Unite here: www.unite.unity.com
You can download Unity from their web site: www.unity3d.com/unity/download